Thank. You. God. Always

7.31.2011

Weddings

Despite my many fascinating ideas i've had over the past few months for a new post, I've been ultimately too lazy to actually post anything. However, today I've felt an overwhelming sensation of motivation to write. So if you aren't bored of this already, please continue to read.

Do you ever have a moment when your realize how old you really are? I just turned twenty a few weeks ago, and I really feel no different at all. But today, the reality of how old I really am, and the responsibilities that are soon to come have been constantly floating around in my mind. Why am I all of a sudden having these thoughts? Because two friends of mine, who are also 20 years of age, are getting married today. 20 years old and joining the most holy ceremonies of all ceremonies. Two becoming one forever.

Sure, I am excited for them. The soon to be husband has a steady job, both are very responsible and come from tremendous families who wouldn't let them get married if they didn't feel it was the right time, but I still feel like I'm a step behind. If i was with someone right now (which unfortunately  i'm not) I don't think marriage would even be anywhere near my radar. No matter how long we've been together. The idea of it sounds amazing but I don't think i'm ready at all. It's made me think maybe I'm not as mature as I thought I was. Reasons for thinking so;
1. I'm still in college and have no idea what to major in.
2. I still laugh when someone farts
3. Watching old disney movies is one of my favorite things
4. I hate when my food touches and still refuse to try new foods
5. Getting up earlier than 9am is killer
6. I still depend on my parents for most things in life
7. I listen to Justin Bieber

So how does one reach the maturity level high enough to be able to say they are ready for marriage. I can hardly take care of myself let alone attempting to take care of another for the rest of my life. I don't think i'm the only one who think this, nor do I think my friends are the only two mature enough for marriage at this point. It's made me realize i have some growing up to do...a lot of growing up to do. Hopefully one day i'll find that person who will make me wanna spend forever with them.


Thanks for reading to my random thought of the day, and as usual here is a song and my shoe choice for today.

Nike All Court Mid (unisex)


If you haven't guessed it, drake is my favorite. New single off his up coming album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive