Thank. You. God. Always

8.01.2011

The Music BIZ!

Normally I don't listen to the radio when i'm driving in my car. One reason for this being that my radio does not work, but also, I find my choice in music ten times better than the radio choices. Sure the radio is a great convenience but my Ipod is ten thousands times better. (my opinion). Today was different though. My Ipod died, and i was forced to listen to 104.7, a radio station based out of st.cloud. Some of the songs on there were catchy and ones that  I have on my itunes for dance purposes, but most of it was junk. This brings me to my main point.

How do people like Ke$ha, Far East Movement, and Cobra Starship get deal with a music business. For one, Ke$ha cannot sing better than your average person. I know that auto tune is used in majority of today's music whether just for affect or for the actual fact that someone can't sing, but she uses it in every song that i've heard. I'm sure she is a great performer, and she has a crazy personality which is marketable, but there are sooooo many people with incredible talents who will never get the deal they deserve because people like her hog the stage. I've never really understood that.

Now, people like Beyonce, Lil Wayne, Drake, Kelly Rowland, Adele, Chris Brown, Eminem, Usher, and much more clearly not only have a great stage presence but have either the voice, or the lyrical skills to back up their reasoning for being signed. It's people like this who are the reason MUSIC succeeds. My conclusion is that there are two types of people in the Music Business. Those who have marketable personalities that are greater than there skill, and those who have skill and great personality. So i guess basically, if you have one or the other, you have a better chance of making it in the bizzz... (mind you i'm only 20 yrs old with no music business credentials and this is all opinionated)

Todays shoe choice :  Adidas Samba Original- Red stripes
and last but certainly not least, todays song of the dizayyyyyy..
one man you may or may not have heard of, Frank Ocean with the song Thinking about you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive